Friday, November 23, 2007

MONTELL TAKEN BACK TO KSB HOSPITAL AND MY DEMORALIZING EPISODE WITH OFFICER HELLEFINGER

11-21-07 – I called Dixon CC at 9:30 a.m. to try and reach Dr. Ngu., the call went into voice-mail so I hung up. I called again at 11:20 a.m. and was able to speak with Dr. Ngu. He told me that he was getting ready to order an ambulance and have Montell transported to KSB Hospital because his feeding tube was clogged, his enzyme levels were high and he had a temperature of 100.4. I asked how much did he weigh now and he told me that Montell only weighs 78 pounds. I told him that I was on my way out to the hospital. About ten or fifteen minutes later Warden Chandler call to let me know, I told her that I had talked with Dr. Ngu and was aware of the situation and was on my way there.
When I arrived at KSB Hospital I went to the front desk phone and dialed “Admitting”. I was told that Montell was in Room 418 so I caught the elevator and went to the fourth floor. When I got to the room Officer D. Ford came to the door. He informed me that a female officer would be coming over to search me. I told him that I didn’t understand why we had to go through this procedure because when Montell was at the University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago I didn’t have to be searched. He asked me to take my purse back to the car and only bring in my ID and car keys, I did. When I arrived back to the room a female officer was there. Her name was Officer Hellefinger. I told her the same thing that I had told Officer D. Ford and she stated that I was acting like a two-year old about the whole situation. I told her that she needed to be careful of how she spoke to people, she could end up without a job. She told me that if I wanted to see Montell I had to apologize for telling her that, I did. However, to add insult to injury she proceeded to search me in the hallway outside of Montell’s room, where the nursing staff and other visitors was coming and going. This was demoralizing to me. I’m not an inmate and I shouldn’t have been treated like that. All she had to do was go down the hall and into a little waiting room or the bathroom to do this. After searching me instead of going back to the prison facilities like the other officers had done previously, she came into the room. There was two trays of food there, she lifted the cover of one tray and sat down and proceeded to eat the meal. After she finished she told Officer D. Ford that she was going back to the prison.
Montell was lying in a fetal position on his right side and he looked so helpless. He forehead was sweaty and his right hand was warm but he kept trying to let me know that he was cold. I requested more blankets in order to cover him up. Later on a nurse came in and removed them because she said he was dehydrated and having the blanket on him would make it worst. He was having quite a few spasms and was in terrible pain. His feeding tube was out, he had IV and antibodies going into his body. He kept complaining about a headache I would kiss his forehead and rub it for him. When I stopped he would start back moaning and I would do the same thing over and over. I asked Montell if he was feeling better since he had the IV and antibodies going into his body and he nodded “yes”. I asked him if he had eaten today by mouth and he nodded “yes”. I asked if he had been given Baclofin today for his spasms because I had noticed he was having them more regular and he nodded “yes” I also noticed that his bottom lip was chapped. When my two hour visit was up, I kissed Montell and told him to hang on in there and that Leon and I would be out there tomorrow.




.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hospital Tray- manufacturer and supplier of hospital trays in delhi/india and deal in bed hospital tray, instrument tray, kidney tray, cateter tray, Bowls(s/s), Hospital Basin(s/s).