Saturday, November 3, 2007

MONTELL AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS HOSPITAL

11/2/07 – Warden Chandler called me at 7:53 p.m. and told me that Montell would be coming to the University of Illinois some time in the morning.
11/3/07 – Warden Chandler called me this morning at 9:45 a.m. and said that Montell had left for the University of Illinois. She also told me that I was the only one in the family who would be permit to visit him. Montell is in Room 724E, 1740 W. Taylor Street, Chicago,IL 60612. Please send him cards.

When I arrived at the hospital and saw him I knew that he wasn’t feeling well. His body was quite warm and he kept asking for water I tried to get him to drink through a straw but he was unable too. He wanted me to pour it in his mouth, I tried pouring a little into his mouth but he got strangled. Montell was not handcuffed to the bed this time. I tried to get him to eat his lunch but he only ate the pureed banana. For dinner I could only get him to eat the thickened apple juice, a few teaspoons of mashed potatoes and gravy and about three ounces of the thickened Ensure Plus. I noticed that his bed told exactly what he weighted. He only weighs 86.5 pounds. When they took his temperature,it was 100.8 and his pressure was 88 over 60.
KSB Hospital had built up his body and he did have an appetite, after almost eight days at Dixon he seems to be back where he started from.

No comments: