Thursday, November 29, 2007

I FOUND MONTELL IN TERRIBLE PAIN TODAY

11/27/08 – Today as I was driving to Dixon the RN called me from KSB Hospital and told me that Montell was in a lot of pain and that they were planning on doing and MRI on him since he was non-verbal. She asked me some questions and then we decided that we would wait for me to arrive at the hospital in order to answer some more questions and sign the necessary papers.
When I arrived in Montell’s room he was moaning and crying, I tried to find out what was hurting him but he didn’t respond to the ABCs. Later they turned him to his left side and he seemed to calm down. He drifted off to sleep. The nurse told me that they couldn’t give him anything for pain because the had received his last shot at 11:15 a.m. and had to wait four hours before he could receive another one. When he woke up he was moaning and crying again and wanted me to move his left foot, I did and he calmed down and drifted off to sleep again. Later on a nurse came in and wanted to give him a shot to keep his blood from clogging but Montell refused it. I tried to tell him that he didn’t want his blood to clog, he wouldn’t let her do it. He started crying so I left him alone about getting the shot. I couldn’t keep Montell focus on doing the ABCs today because of the pain that he was in. My two hours was almost up so I woke him up to let him know that I was leaving. I never leave without letting him know I’m gone.

No comments: