Wednesday, November 7, 2007

CONFUSION ABOUT MY VISITING PRIVILEGES WITH MONTELL

11/5/07 – Today when I arrived at the hospital at 12:15 p.m. and I saw Lt. Tony Davis in the lobby and he informed me that I only could visit Montell for two hours. I told him that this was wrong because I had been there Saturday and Sunday and had stayed all day. I went outside the hospital and called Venita Wright’s office about this. Her secretary Dawn answered the phone and she told me that she could answer any questions that I had. I told that this was a personal matter and I needed to talk with Ms. Wright. I explained to her that I needed to be in the room with Montell in order to interact with the doctors and nurses because most of the time he is non-verbal and he really don’t trust people because of what he’s been through. I told her I was supposed to be there, I had his “durable power of attorney for all medical matters. We must have stayed on the phone for over fifteen minutes and she was still insisting that she was the person I needed to talk with. I told her “No” that Ms. Wright was the person I needed to talk too, she then announced that she was finishing this call and then hung the phone up on me.
I went back into the hospital and went to the front desk, the lady behind the desk told me that I could go up. She flipped through a book and there was a letter in there allowing me to visit Montell. I asked for copy and she told me that I needed to talk with her supervisor. So we went to his office and he said it was ok for me to have a copy. Imagine my surprise when I read that I could be there from 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. signed by Ms. Venita Wright. However, the hospital’s visiting hours are from 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
I finally made it to Montell’s room about 2:45 p.m., Officer Morgan told me that I could visit Montell and leave and come back in an hour. I told him that I had a copy of Ms. Wright’s letter and no where did it state that procedure in her letter. Dr. Batchu came in and I asked him for a letter stating that they needed me to be there in order to for them to interact with Montell. Dr. Amy Nguyen came in and spoke with me. She told me that she would be inserting the “G-Tube” in Montell. This has to be done because Montell’s food intake is next to none. Today I couldn’t get him to practically anything. I have to do something.

No comments: