Tuesday, November 20, 2007


11/19/07 – I called Warden Chandlers’ office at 12:21 p.m. and asked to speak with her about some issues concerning Montell. I was told that she wasn’t in at the present time so I left my name and telephone number. I called Dr. Ngu at 2:36 p.m. and Lynne answered the phone. I asked to speak with him but Lynne told me that he would be in tomorrow at 8 a.m. I then hung up and dialed the facilities again and asked for Warden Chandler. When I asked the female whom was I speaking with, she informed me an officer and told me to hold on. I held the phone for two minutes and the officer came back on the phone and told me that Warden Chandler would be right with me. After a few minutes Assistant Warden Transoco came on the line and I informed him that I was waiting to talk with Warden Chandler. He hung up and after a few minutes a male officer came on the line and told me it would be a second. Warden Chandler picked up the phone at 2:44 p.m. I asked her why I was only permitted to see Montell for two hours when other inmates are allowed a four- hour visit. She stated “because I’m in her facility and visiting hours are from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. for infirmary visits. She said every other inmate in the infirmary only get two visits a month whereas I get four weekend visits per month and two-week day visits. She stated that she’s was not going to allow me a four-hour visit. I told her that I don’t even get my full two-hour visit when I come. I then told her that I appreciated what she’s doing. I also told her about being asked to leave the room when the medical staff come to help Montell and having to walk down the hall and through the double doors. She said she would be meeting with them about this tomorrow.
11-20-07 – Today Leon and I arrived at the facility at 12:50 p.m. Officer C. Hill escorted us to the infirmary. When we arrived there at 1:15 p.m. Montell was lying on his right side with his mouth wide open. He was breathing real hard. The “call button was on his right side but not placed where he could reach it if he needed to. The pillow had cover on it. I kissed him and stood back to see how he would react to seeing his brother. For the next 45 minutes Montell didn’t do anything but stare at Leon while Leon was holding his hand, talking to him and rubbing his arm. I noticed that Montell was having quite a few spasms in his upper and lower body, I asked him if he had been given some medicine for his spasms and he shook his head “no”. I stepped around to the left side of the bed. I notice that the Wound Vacuum machine was still running, the cylinder was clean and there wasn’t anything in the tubing. I also felt Montell’s forehead, he was real sweaty and his hand and forehead were both warm. I noticed that the Texas catheter was no longer there and saw a urinal hanging from the bed. I then asked Montell if he had to lie in his urine for any long period of time and he shook his head from side to side indicating “no”. The nurse informed Officer Hill at 2:15 p.m. that she needed to reposition Montell so we stepped out the room and walked down the hall and through the double doors. When we returned to the room at 2:20 p.m. Montell was lying on his left side and moaning. The “call button” was placed where he could reach it. I asked Montell if he had eaten anything by mouth and he nodded “yes”. Montell indicated to me hat he wanted to do the ABCs. After going through them twice and he didn’t pick out a letter I asked him if he wanted to continue and he shook his head “no” After a while he wanted to do the ABCs, he wanted his “hat”. Officer Hill went to the nurses’ station to get it for us and he was informed that Montell didn’t have a hat. Montell usually wears his hat and gloves. We had to leave at 2:50 p.m. I told Montell that we would be spending Thanksgiving with him and I kissed him and we left the room and headed back to the main gate.
When we got to the car I immediately dialed the phone and asked for Dr Ngu. When he came to the phone I asked him the following questions: Did they remove the Texas Catheter because Montell had a urinary tract infection? (No answer.) I asked him if Montell was still getting medicine for his spasms and why wasn’t he still getting Copaxone. He stated that he was getting medicine for his spasms and he would have to check on the Copaxone. I asked him if Montell had a temperature because he felt warm to me. He stated that it could be coming from his bedsores. I asked him how much did he weigh and got no answer. Dr. Ngu stated that he hadn’t seen Montell today but would be doing so later on, he then told me to call him tomorrow morning after 9 a.m. I am concerned because Montell is losing his color and i don’t like the fact that he’s breathing real hard and that the spasms seemed to be getting worse.


No comments: