Wednesday, November 7, 2007

MONTELL HAS SURGERY TODAY

11/6/07 – Today I arrived in Montell’s room at 12:00 p.m. and found out that he had left for surgery at 11:45 a.m. and he didn’t return until 2:45 p.m. Dr. Amissi Patel came into Montell’s room and talked with me. She questioned me about putting the feeding tube in Montell. She ask me “what kind of quality of life would he have”. This statement shocked me because I’ve always thought doctors took an oath to save lives and that God is the only person who should decide whether a person lives or dies not man. I told her that I had Montell’s power of attorney and that he’s incapable of making sound decisions when it comes to his medical needs. I told her that Dr. Kohn had verified this and that there was a copy of his notes from his examination on October 20th. I told her that she could go and check Montell’s records which I had bought Dr. Kohn’s evaluation of him today and gave to Dr. Batchu. She stated that she was going to check them.
There’s a rumor going around that Montell will be sent back to Dixon Correctional Center tomorrow, I understand that they wanted to take his this evening but decided to wait until tomorrow because he had surgery today. I don’t understand this because Montell is still getting IV and antibiotics. Annie from pharmacy came in re: medication. Montell is taking medicine for the spasms he get a terrible headache. They started giving him Tyenol and he stopped crying after that. His blood pressure was 108/67, pulse 62 and temperature 97.8. When I left the hospital they hadn’t began to feed Montell because they were waiting to hear sound in his stomach, however, I called back and 9:15 p.m. and the nurse told me they had started feeding him. When I left him he was spelling out that he wanted some food.

No comments: