Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Denied Visit For The 4th Consecutive Time

On 9/27 I called Dixon at 8:32 a.m. and asked for Warden Nedra Chandler to let her know that I was coming out there on 9/28. I spoke to Diane who took my name and number and said that the Warden would be getting back to me. She never did.

On Friday, 9/28 I called Dixon and asked to speak to the Warden again at 8:30 a.m. This time Diane transferred me directly to the scheduling department and I spoke with Lynne. I told her that I was on my way out there. I arrived at Dixon at 12:55 p.m. When I arrived at the front desk the officer told me not to sign in, I did any way. She stated that she had to make a call and see whether Montell was accepting visits that day. However, while sitting in the waiting room I observed that she didn't call any other inmate to ask whether they were receiving visits that day. She would called the visitor's number and let them sign in and then took the women into the room where they search you and they were allowed to go directly into the visiting room. She then call and told them which inmate to bring down so they could meet with their visitor(s). It seems mighty strange to me that I am the only one that this calling procedure is done on.

At 1:50 p.m. Warden Chandler came into the waiting room and sat down by me. She stated that she had talked with Montell and he was having spasms in his legs and didn't feel up to having a visit today. I then asked her why I couldn't go directly into his room and she stated that she had no problem with that. I've actually been banned from his room since September 2006 when I rolled him over and found bedsores. From that time on I've had to visit him in what I would call a "laundry room" and they call it a visiting room. At that time I was told that I should have never been allowed in his room. I had been visiting him in his room from April 2006 to September 2006. When I left the facilities I made sure that I signed above my name that the visit was denied.

No comments: