Sunday, December 16, 2007


12/16/07 – Montell was lying on his right side when I arrived at 1:45 p.m. he was asleep. He woke up as soon as he heard my voice and pointed toward the guard. He wanted me to pull his sheet up around his shoulder and then he went back to sleep but was moaning. I asked him what was wrong and through the ABCs he told me “nothing” and drifted back off to sleep. While he was sleeping I noticed that he was having a few spasms

Montell woke back up and wanted a towel, I put a small cloth in his right hand and he began wiping his lips and face. He then wanted me to pull the sheet up around his shoulders and he drifted back off to sleep. When he woke up he wanted me to turn him to his left side. As I was turning him I noticed that he was lying in his feces again today. I put the call button on for a nurse and when she came in she stated that they had washed him up about three hours ago. I wonder how long has he been lying in his feces. They should be turning him every two hours. They had Montell cleaned up by 2:50 p.m. and he just laid there. One of the nurses dumped his output, it was 1,125 cc. When they left he wanted me to put his right and left hands on each shoulder, I did. I then asked him if he was comfortable and he nodded “yes”. He laid in the bed and watched the football game for awhile. He started moaning again, his right hand had fell from his shoulder and he wanted me to put it back, I did.

At 3:40 p.m. a nurse came in to take his vitals. His temperature was 97. blood pressure 105 over 70, respiration 22, pulse 105 and oxygen level 99. When she left Montell wanted me to put both his hands on his shoulders again and he wanted me to cover them up. His feeding tube started beeping at 4:38 p.m. and I put on the call button and someone answer it and told me they would be in. When I left to go get something to eat at 5 p.m., no one had came into the room. When I returned at 5:50 p.m., the feeding machine was operating properly. Montell wanted me to turn him to his right side, I cleaned his nose and then he drifted off to sleep. Montell woke back up at 6:28 p.m. and wanted me to put his left hand back on his shoulder. He also wanted me to move his legs to the left of the bed. When I went to pick him up and reposition him, I noticed that the white part of the pad that was lying under him was stuck to the ulcer on his right foot. I pushed the call button to tell them but got no answer so I walked to the nurses’ desk to tell them. The nurse told me that she would be there in a few minutes. She came into the room at 6:40 p.m. by that time I had already pulled Montell up higher in the bed and placed a pillow under his head. She cleaned up the wound and put some gauze and taped on it and left. Montell drifted off to sleep for a few minutes but was woken up because he started having spasms frequently. Montell then wanted me to pull his body to the left of the bed so that he could be in the middle, I did. He drifted back off to sleep for a few minutes and woke back up and wanted me to place his left hand back on his shoulder, I did. Montell drifted back off to sleep.

Two nurses came in at 7:50 p.m. and I told them that Montell was having spasms frequently and wanted to know when he would be getting his Baclofin. One of the nurses told me that he had been given it at 2 p.m. and wasn’t due for anymore until 10 p.m. I told her that didn’t happened because I was there at 2 p.m. and no one came in and gave him anything. She then told me that she would give it to him at 9 p.m. It was time for me to leave so I told Montell that I loved him and would see him tomorrow. He nodded his head and waved “goodbye” with his right hand. I intend to the hospital tomorrow and talk to the doctor about him not being turned every two hours and not receiving his Baclofin today.


No comments: